Monday, June 7, 2010

Health - hitting VO 2 max!

Had spin class the other day. Worked my ass off. ( It needs some working off, since I quit spin class, it went from elite racer to average ( well smaller than MOST )looking. I worked hard for that bum, only to see it hiding( in its tight gym bunny perfection) below what I like to call my 'second' bottom.
Usually, I dont hit Vo2 max, because when your virally fatigued - your Heart rate wont rise.You feel as if you already RODE that mountain, but legs wont go so to speak.
So this was prime.
Near collapse, dripping with sweat( and I dont sweat much even in summer), I stayed there most likely several minutes. It hurt!! Heart felt like it was going hell for clappers and it was hard to get oxygen into my lungs. It was great!!!
Plus this was the day I wore my new red top, new tri shorts, stripey arm warmers and US Postal hat - so not onyl was I beating the crap out of myself, I looked funny too.
This seems to be a new point in recovery.
I knew I d get back to this point( I left it about 7 months , feeling like hell and thinking 10 years of gym fitness, with only about 6 months off with a vacation here and there- plus did this all with CF. Time to sit around and eat cookies for a while. Fyck this imaginary race training.)

Well, let me tell you. VO2 max feels like viral fatigue. So all those months and years spent, totally washed out in pain with every exertion is familar to me.In fact, now that I know it isnt fatigue but exertion, I am ready to go and regularly kick the crap out of myself several times a week.
Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment